Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Abandoned Theme Parks

1. Tell me which amusement park featured in the two articles that you would like to visit and take your camera along and what about that park made you want to go there. Write at least a paragraph.

I would not like to go to any of those unwelcoming places. But if you forced me to go there, I would go to Pripyat amusement park, Ukraine. Mainly because it would be easy to communicate in the country- Ukrainian is very similar to Russian. And I don't like amusement parks, and I don't like this project, and I am not liking this at all.

2. Post one photo from that park. You may use the photos from the link, or you can google an entirely new photo. I would prefer to see a photo of the park in disrepair and not a photo of it when it was still operating.

3. Think of at least FIVE other unusual places you think would be of interest to photographers. List them.

Las Pozas, Xilitla, Mexico
Ice Hotel, JukkasjÀrvi, Sweden
The Hanging Coffins of Saganda, Mountain Province, Philippines
Los Angeles' Abandoned Subway Tunnels, USA
Street of Optical Illusion, New Zealand

4. Use google or another search engine to research ONE of your five places and see if anyone has already started documenting that place. If you find that someone has already started - post at least one photo of their work.

There doesn't seem to be any documentation other than the pictures from the websites you have linked.

5. Write a paragraph about why you think that it would be fun to document that location. Tell me what interests you about that place and what kind of photos you could expect to take there.

I honestly don't like the assumption of me enjoying documentation of any of the abandoned amusement parks, because I don't. Those place are sick and boring, and I don't have any interests in going there.

6. Tell me what it would take for you to go and take photos at your location. What would you need as far as equipment goes, travel plans, expenses you might encounter and what laws you would have to take into consideration to take photos at your spot.

I will need a good camera, with standard lens, I will need a map. I will also need money and money. And I would need friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

title